The 3rd national ICT and Innovation Business Symposium will be held on 18th-20th November 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
The Symposium represents a unique opportunity for business executives to engage in a forum for regional discussion and debate on matters relating to Information and Communications Technology. The event will also highlight investment opportunities in these sectors in T&T as well as in the wider Caribbean, and demonstrate the potential for the leveraging of ICT as a tool for regional economic development.
The ICT & Business Symposium, which is held every two years since 2008, is hosted by The Government of Trinidad and Tobago in collaboration with the e-Business Roundtable and the National Information and Communications Technology Company Limited (iGovTT).
This year’s theme, “Realizing The Future - From Vision To Reality”, reflects the country’s commitment to diversify the economy by making ICT one of the pillars of growth and economic prosperity, laying the foundation of Trinidad and Tobago’s transformation into a knowledge-based society.
The Symposium’s dynamic line-up of international speakers include Jeff Kaplan, Founder of THINKstrategies & Cloud Computing Expert; and Jeremy Geelan, President & CEO of 21st Century Internet Group, Inc., Founding Editor of Cloud Computing Journal, and Conference Chair - International Cloud Expo series.
The Symposium will be a key catalyst to encourage businesses and Governments in the region to make increasingly more effective use of ICT within and across their operations. It is a premier global forum that brings together leaders in business, Government and academia to impact economic and social development through the exchange of policies and ideas on technology.
The specific objectives of the Symposium include but are not limited to the following:
- To position ICT at the top of the domestic and regional agenda
- To underscore the importance of ICT to the future growth of Trinidad and Tobago; and help secure a common commitment from both public and private sectors
- To position ICT as an enabling industry and a catalyst for the achievement of Developed Nation Status
- To favourably impact Trinidad and Tobago’s Global rankings
- To showcase innovative developments both locally and regionally within different sectors of the industry
- To promote the importance of ICT innovation as an engine for economic growth and development within the region
- To inform and inspire a compelling vision for the development of Trinidad and Tobago’s ICT economy and determine aggressive targets and opportunities for regional and international competitors
- To showcase Trinidad and Tobago’s advancements in e-Government, telecommunication liberalization and e-Commerce
- To position Trinidad and Tobago as a serious destination for global ICT investment, identifying specific opportunities for partnership with local and international investors
Please click here to see the agenda.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ictsymposiumtt.com/